Guest Jim Hileman, an alternative fuels researcher from MIT, joins Dan, Rob, and Max to talk biofuels and reducing the carbon footprint of aviation.
In the news this week:
- Former Beijing airport boss executed in China
- House Pencils in Millions for Jets the Air Force Did Not Request
- Sirus boss quits
- Delta job cuts
- Save Frontier
And some news from the green aviation front:
- NASA To Hold Competition For 100% Biofueled Aircraft
- Harvesting algae to power sophisticated unmanned aircraft
- Boeing and Leading Airlines Announce New Members Added to Sustainable Aviation Fuel Users Group
- Algae: The next biofuel bet
- Bio-jet fuel plan takes off
And finally, some related resources:
- Partnership for AiR Transportation Noise and Emissions Reduction
- Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative
We also have a report from the Airplane Geeks Australia Desk. Court returns with another Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot segment, we have a This Week in Aviation segment, listener mail, and more.
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave us voice mail at (812) 757-4252.
This episode’s opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. Visit his site at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.