Guest Jeffrey Ward, the Savvy Navigator, has been in the travel industry for over 20 years, about half of that with American Airlines. He now provides travelers with experiential journeys to places like South Africa, Argentina, and Costa Rica.
We have the week’s aviation news and our report from the Airplane Geeks Australia Desk. David Vanderhoof joins us for his This Week in Aviation history lesson, Dan Webb interviews Gary Kelly, the CEO of Southwest Airlines, and we have some listener mail.
- Airbus Loans Toward A380 Jumbo Faulted in WTO Ruling
- Boeing’s tanker bid may gain from WTO ruling on Airbus
- Zapping things from the sky: Airborne Boeing laser blasts ground target
- Airline losses ‘hit $1bn a month’
- Lufthansa, JetBlue Launch Code Share
- Evergreen Aviation 747 drops retardant on California wildfires
- Drunk pilot: Where have you hidden the runway?
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave us voice mail at (812) 757-4252.
This episode’s opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. Visit his site at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.