Guest Jeremy Monnett, the CEO of Sonex Aircraft, joins Rob and Max to talk about building your own airplane. Sonex is also developing other interesting kit planes, including jet and electric powered versions and we talk about those as well.
We have aviation news from the past week as well as the report from the Airplane Geeks Australia Desk. David Vanderhoof joins us for his This Week in Aviation history lesson and we have some listener mail.
Dan couldn’t make it for this episode (although we note he’s been spending time at the Plane Crazy Down Under Podcast), but he sneaks in with a recorded interview with Simon Talling Smith, Executive VP of the America’s for British Airways.
- Boeing Projects Asia Pacific Will Be Largest Aviation Market in World
- China pilots to open low sky for general aviation
- Airlines charging toward Wi-Fi fees
- Pamela Anderson ad too sexy for airport
Also mentioned this episode:
- The online Air & Space article, The Electric Airplane, featuring Sonex Aircraft
- Forvo, the pronunciation guide discovered by David Vanderhoof: http://forvo.com/
- “U.S. Missile-Defense Laser Fired in Flight” from listener Tracy.
- A cutaway image of the Airborne Laser 747-400 Freighter Platform discovered by David Vanderhoof.
- The Flight Crew Zoo aviation humor site submitted by listener Jaime.
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave us voice mail at (812) 757-4252.
This episode’s opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. Visit his site at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.