Podcast: Play in new window | Download (48.0MB)
This week we’re joined by a trio of aviation journalists to talk about the recent NBAA Convention: Jon Ostrower, the Flightblogger from Flight Global, Randy Padfield, the Editor-in-Chief at Aviation International News, and Benet Wilson, Online Managing Editor for Business Aviation at Aviation Week.
Also, Airplane Geeks Historian David Vanderhoof provides This Week in Aviation, Steve Visscher and Grant McHerron from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast have their Australia Desk report, and Court has another Wiskey Tango Foxtrot look at aviation.
Some NBAA news highlights:
- Babbitt, Karlgaard, Buffenbarger, and Palmer Open 2009 NBAA
- Embraer Launches Legacy 650 Large Exec Jet At NBAA 2009
- Honda Aircraft Company Announces Major Milestones for Its HondaJet
- Piper paints optimistic picture for 2010
- Bullish Bombardier ready for next stage
Links from David’s This Week in Aviation:
- The Fokker F.10 Tri-motor
- TWA Aircraft
- Japan Airlines domestic service in Japan
- Boeing 707 Seat Pitch
- Benjamin Oliver Davis, Jr., the 1st black general in the USAF
- SOFIA Science Center
- Boeing 747SP-21
- Hi-res SOFIA image
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter, send us email at email@example.com, or leave us voice mail at (361) GEEKS01.
This episode’s opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. Visit his site at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Airplane Geeks - Episode 70 - A Trio of Pro Journalists | Airplane Geeks Podcast -- Topsy.com
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed listening to this episode. I like the round table type of discussions. But I have to say that the best part of the podcast was the round engine sounds by the Australia desk.
Go the Aussie dudes! Best part of the show (apart from the banter!)
been listening for ages but have never commented. Keep it up!
dj (A Tasmanian exile in Victoria)