Podcast: Play in new window | Download (43.8MB)
Benet Wilson, Aviation Week’s Online Managing Editor for Business Aviation, again joins Max, Rob, and David to talk about the week’s aviation news. We also discuss how aviation journalists keep current with the news (or ahead of it) and we have some tips and resources that help you stay current with aviation news.
David Vanderhoof has another This Week in Aviation, and Steve Visscher and Grant McHerron from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast have their Australia Desk report. We also have some listener mail.
- Hawker to attend Dubai Airshow
- Delta suspends pilot held in Georgia plane incident
- London arrest just the latest in pilot drinking episodes
- Airbus Freighter Makes Maiden Test Flight
- Boeing’s 747-8 Freighter Leaves Factory
- Boeing completes first round of 747-8F gauntlet tests
- Airbus military transporter cleared for testing
- Side-of-Body Installations Complete on First Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Film: Amelia
- Hilary Swank drenched in sweat after her first flight lesson
- Southers Flies High at Confirmation Hearing
For aviation news:
- Addict-o-matic (airline example)
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter, send us email at email@example.com, or leave us voice mail on our listener line at (361) GEEKS01.
This episode’s opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. Visit his site at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
[Perhaps our first Airplane Geekette listener mail:]
I was just getting caught up on listening to Airplane Geek episode, so I just listened to episode 68 and wanted to let you know there is an airplane geekette listening weekly to your podcast (although I’m married, so I can’t be Dan’s geekette!) It seems like you have a lot of female guests, but not many female listeners writing in, so I thought I would try to write in and start a trend with the lady geeks out there.
I enjoy the podcast and can’t wait to get the latest episode each week. I especially like hearing from Court again with the whiskey tango foxtrots.
I also saw this article today and thought you might be interested in it. Click http://www.thestar.com/business/article/728876–air-canada-to-offer-in-flight-access-to-the-internet.
Keep up the good work!
Sue (Airplane Geekette #1)