Our guest this episode is Chris Manno, an airline captain, teacher at Embry-Riddle University and sometimes at Texas Christian University, and writer of the JetHead blog. He also cartoons about life at the airline over at FlightcrewZoo.
We have a special appearance by Christopher White, Director of Public Relations for AirTran Airways. Chris was with us way back in Episode 48 to talk about AirTran’s inflight WiFi. This episode, Chris contributes to the discussion about the recent Southwest and AirTran videos “poking fun” at each other:
The week’s aviation news:
- AirTran Jabs at Southwest Air With a Cow Herding Ad
- W.T.O. Affirms Ruling of Improper Airbus Aid
- Airline Safety Bill Passes US Senate; 3407 Families Celebrate
- U.S. Senate passes $34.5B aviation bill aimed at updating air-traffic-control system, safety rules
- Dead Tired
- When Will Foreigners Be Able to Own US Airlines? Not Anytime Soon
- Pentagon Develops Plan to Buy New Air Force One Fleet
As ususal, we have our This Week in Aviation history lesson and the report from the Australia Desk.
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
This episode’s opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. Visit his site at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.