Our guest this week is Karlene Petitt, a long time airline pilot, currently flying with Delta. She blogs at Flight to Success and she’s also an emerging author. Karlene describes her training to fly the A330, what it’s like to pilot for a major U.S. airline, and how pilots like to be in control but sometimes are not. Karlene also brings a lot of good insight into current airline news. We had such an interesting conversation with Karlene that we had to skip a lot of the news.
Benet Wilson from AviationWeek helps out with the co-hosting. By the way, she’s got a new blog going called The TRAVEL World According to Benet. Also, Steve Visscher and Grant McHerron from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast joined us live for the news:
- 2010 European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition
- Airline merger’s route leads to federal regulators
- United/Continental Unions Could Battle
- Safety recommendations made on engines, life vests in plane that ditched into Hudson River
- US Airways CEO: NextGen benefits don’t justify equipage investment
David returns to provide his This Week in Aviation history segment.
Thanks to Mark Hsiung for permission to use his Delta A330 photograph above.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.