Podcast: Play in new window | Download (46.7MB)
Guest Louis Smith, a retired NWA DC-10 captain offers some unique insight into the market for professional pilots. The future looks bright, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be easy for pilots. Louis runs FLTops.com, a site offering information and advice for pilots looking to advance their professional careers.
The week’s aviation news:
- Congressmen may bring back airline regulation
- Spirit May Soar Again but Airline Tensions Simmer
- Airlines look to increase capacity in the second half of 2010
- Turning Blimps Into Ultra Long Endurance UAVs
- Lockheed Martin confident it will beat Pentagon’s F-35 cost projection
- USAF Tanker Award Now Slated for ‘Mid-November’
- Cessna Skycatcher Wins AIAA General Aviation Award
- FAA to LSA Industry: Time for Adult Supervision
David takes the week off, but will return next episode with This Week in Aviation.
Grant and Steve continue their journey back across the Pacific in the Australia Desk Report. This installment features the voices of Dan Morris and Michelle Lowrie, and the music is “Slice of Heaven” by Dave Dobbyn. Last episode included Anthony Simmons, the man behind the View From the Lounge segment you can hear on the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast.
- Desert Pilot blog and podcast
- Breathtaking spy plane footage
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Airplane Geeeks - Episode 102 - Louis Smith on the Pilot Outlook | Airplane Geeks Podcast -- Topsy.com
Pingback: Airplane Geeks - Episode 154 - Bits and Pieces VII | Airplane Geeks Podcast