Guest Dave Pascoe from LiveATC.net explains how he provides real-time Air Traffic Control feeds directly to your browser, mp3 player, and mobile device. LiveATC will be streaming ATC communications live from EAA Airventure at Oshkosh (in a joint partnership with EAA) – including both Tower frequencies and some other goodies. Look for Dave during the first few days of the show.
The week’s aviation news:
- United, Continental pilots say early talks falter
- Sexy Spirit Airlines ad that mocks BP oil disaster sparks outrage
- Spirit Airlines Loves That You Hate Their Ads (and They Should)
- ATC’s crisis night: Back-up does not work as radar fails
- US Air Force, industry prepare for T-38 replacement
- FAA To Change Age Retirement Rules For Air Traffic Controllers
- Comment extension grants time to act on avgas
- Boeing to bring 787 to Farnborough, happy with flight testing progress
David returns with his This Week in Aviation history segment. Steve and Grant from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast have another great Australia Desk report.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.