Podcast: Play in new window | Download (44.6MB)
Guest Dave Pascoe from LiveATC.net explains how he provides real-time Air Traffic Control feeds directly to your browser, mp3 player, and mobile device. LiveATC will be streaming ATC communications live from EAA Airventure at Oshkosh (in a joint partnership with EAA) – including both Tower frequencies and some other goodies. Look for Dave during the first few days of the show.
The week’s aviation news:
- United, Continental pilots say early talks falter
- Sexy Spirit Airlines ad that mocks BP oil disaster sparks outrage
- Spirit Airlines Loves That You Hate Their Ads (and They Should)
- ATC’s crisis night: Back-up does not work as radar fails
- US Air Force, industry prepare for T-38 replacement
- FAA To Change Age Retirement Rules For Air Traffic Controllers
- Comment extension grants time to act on avgas
- Boeing to bring 787 to Farnborough, happy with flight testing progress
David returns with his This Week in Aviation history segment. Steve and Grant from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast have another great Australia Desk report.
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
Thanks for another great episode,
In the UK there are many of us that listen to the ATC traffic.
Like Dave your guest some of us have been radio hams for many years and have built equipment to carry on with our listening…
Having a good radio background certainly helps as the skills are there to modify existing equipment.
It is possible to monitor the ADSB and to have your own virtual radar system where you can watch the flights on your PC screen. Take a look at the screen shots at
these will give you a basic idea of what the keen user is using these days.
Rob – are you going to be at Farnborough?
Another great show! I am a dedicated ATC Live listener too. I just caught on that Dan may be spending the summer in the Washington DC area. If so, would he be interested in meeting a listener, and perhaps going flying out of Leesburg airport (JYO) one day? Probably it would have to be after we all get back from Oshkosh. Brian