Guest Floyd S. Werner, Jr. is a Baltimore City Police Helicopter Pilot who also flew AH-1 Cobras in Desert Storm and Bosnia, and OH-58D Kiowa Warriors in Bosnia. He is known for crashing the last Cobra in Europe in 1994 (engine failure on take off – awarded the prestigious Broken Wing Award) and holds the distinction of flying the last Cobra out of Europe to the Royal Military Academy of Science in England. Floyd is also an avid modeler, authored OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, Walkaround No. 50, and runs Werner’s Wings, a site for aftermarket resins and decals.
The week’s aviation news:
- Ukraine’s Antonov partnering on Air Force tanker bid
- Boeing Submits NewGen Tanker Proposal to US Air Force
- EADS KC-X Bid In, Tanker Rhetoric Heats Up
- U.S. Aerospace, Antonov file $29.55-billion tanker bid
- OC cities likely to cut back on police helicopter program
- Raunchy ads ‘put flight attendants at risk’
- Soldier Held In WikiLeaks Case Is Charged
Be sure to visit us at AirVenture 2010, Tuesday, July 27, 4:00pm at Pavillion 6 North of the Control Tower. You might become an Airplane Geek for the Day!
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.