Podcast: Play in new window | Download (50.1MB)
Guest Stephen Trimble, author of The DEW Line on FlightGlobal joins in as we talk AirVenture Oshkosh 2010 and also military aviation. A sleep-deprived Dan brings us a bit of airline news to round out the GA, military, and commercial aviation conversation.
That’s Rob Mark and Dan Webb at Oshkosh in the photo, by the way.
The week’s aviation news:
- Weather moves AirVenture campers off grounds
- Car That Flies at EAA AirVenture
- VIDEO: C-47s Celebrate 75th Anniversary at AirVenture
- The Sikorsky Firefly – A 100% Electric Helicopter
- At EAA, Homeland Security Secretary Makes Security Announcement
- DC-3s Fly Over AirVenture
- Klapmeier Confident of Kestrel Capitalization
- Cessna introduces iFlite on iPad basis for all single-engine aircraft
- Yuneec International
- Seb’s Farnborough 2010 photos
- Tim and Grace’s Farnborough photos
- Dave’s American Kestrel Wikipedia link
This episode is dedicated to Mike’s mom.
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
[Carson sends in a link to a pretty funny YouTube video by Fascinating Aida…]
A pretty good video about the trials and tribulations of Ryan Air etc.
[Pieter sends a link to “Amazing planes that failed”]
An interesting link for the guys to look at, Best Regards, Pieter
[And we heard from Robert E. Coli, CEO Thromby Air – Lowest of the Low…]
Low Cost air travel is a much-maligned form of travel, but that is only because people do not understand the ways that we give back to the community.
For example, check out our new Unlimited* Free Drinks offer. [at http://www.thrombyair.com/unlimited-drinks-offer.html%5D
We give because we care.
The Sukhoi PAK-FA’s front profile reminds me of Lockheed’s YF-23.
I mean NORTHROP YF-23, *ahem…
Great podcast. loved your Oshkosh feature. Dan, you were right, it was loud! Stop by the EAA Wearhouse next year and say hi!
And don’t forget that Eastern Airline’s restored DC-7 arrived at Oshkosh with some very special passengers— FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt joins Capt. Sully Sullenberger, and his F.O. Jeff Skiles for a flight around the Oshkosh area during AirVenture.