Benet Wilson, Online Managing Editor-Business Aviation for the Aviation Week Group, joins once again as our guest. We talk about the week’s aviation news, the upcoming NBAA Conference, and other aviation topics. Find Benet on Twitter as avweekbenet and avweektweets, and read her posts at Business Aviation Now and Things With Wings, the commercial aviation blog.
The week’s aviation news:
- ‘Hidden airline fees’ targeted by new travel coalition
- Virgin America lifts 2Q revenue but losses persist
- BA’s Walsh draws up shopping list of 12 airlines
- Travel industry uses Facebook and Twitter to reach customers
- First biofuel- powered military helicopter takes flight
- Ryanair’s O’Leary: The Duke of Discomfort
- Michael O’Leary: Flying’s anti-Richard Branson
- Akron-Canton Airport social media page.
- Boeing Blogs
- NBAA – National Business Aviation Association – NBAA2010: Where Business Aviation Powers Business, October 19-21, 2010, Atlanta, Georgia.
- European Private Aviation Conference – November 1st and 2nd in Vienna, Austria.
- Registered Traveler Programs Return, but They Still Don’t Look Like Viable Businesses
- Join David at the Oceana Air Show 2010.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.