Photo by Stephen Tornblom from his birthday trip to Chino Airport.
We talk with Milford Shirley from FlightTime Radio about their live broadcast at the upcoming Become a Pilot Family Day and Fly-In, June 18, 2011 at the National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar-Hazy Center next to Dulles International Airport. Max, Rob, Dan, and David plan to join in the show along with some other aviation podcasters.
The week’s aviation news:
- EASA Grounds Falcon 7X, FAA Action To Follow
- Pilots to blame for crash that buried three Irish doctors in the Atlantic
- Blue Angels leader steps down over low-level move
- Delta and US Airways Propose New York/Washington Slot Swap Again, and This Time It’ll Happen
In this week’s Across the Pond segment, Pieter Johnson gets an update from David Cenciotti on Operation Odessy Dawn in Libya, what it was like to break an international aviation story to the world, and how to track those “untraceable” black ops flights. Be sure to see David Cenciotti’s Website and follow him on Twitter at @cencio4. On Twitter, Pieter is @Nascothornet.
We spend a lot of time this episode talking about some of the great listener mail we’ve received. Click these links for more information:
Blue Angels’ almost crash: the risk of Controlled Flight Into Terrain during formation aerobatics – David Cenciotti’s blog post and video.
On 100 low lead aviation fuel: 100 Octane Unleaded Aviation Fuel – A Website dedicated to the distribution of information about the fuel crisis facing users of piston engines in General Aviation, and the promotion of an unleaded 100 octane fuel. Flying G100UL: Yeah, It Works.
On the new Pan Am TV show: ABC 2011 Fall TV Premiere: Pan Am and Pan Am, ABC Show, To Explore 1960s Flying Culture (VIDEO).
N709DN Takeoff, a 777-200/LR test flight video.
From Dan W. concerning air ambulance operations:
- http://tinyurl.com/3w8rhrs [PDF]
- http://tinyurl.com/3eqpvnk [PDF]
- http://tinyurl.com/3nfjqj5 [PDF]
- http://tinyurl.com/42bb3ey [PDF]
Barnstorming, the movie.
Michael O’Leary on Spanish fines:
Texto íntegro de la carta: cortesía con el ministro pero ultimátum en negrita and the Google translation:
Full text of the letter: courtesy to the minister but bold ultimatum.
On the NTSB publication of final report on the Gol 1907 accident: Command of Aeronautics, General Staff of the Aeronautics, Final Report, A-00X/CENIPA/2008 [PDF].
DC area museum ideas:
- College Park Aviation Museum
- Glenn L. Martin Maryland Aviation Museum
- National Museum of the Marine Corps
- Patuxent River Naval Air Museum Association
Whew, that was a lot of listener mail!
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.