Virgin America photo by Ron McCormick taken from the SEA terminal.
Brett Snyder, the Cranky Flier (and also the Cranky Concierge) returns to the show to talk aviation and travel. Brett writes CNN’s “Out of the Office” column for the business traveler, and you can follow him on Twitter as @crankyflier.
The week’s aviation news:
- Spirit Airlines launches Weiner sale
- Republic may pare its Frontier holdings
- Israel Considers Tilt-Rotor Ospreys to Modernize its CSAR, Special Operations
- Rule brings dramatic drop in tarmac delays
- Delay rule bumps up flight cancellations
- Airports directorate launches probe into fake air traffic control message
- Virgin America Reports First Quarter 2011 Financial Results
Steve Visscher and Grant McHerron provide their Australia Desk report. Be sure to listen to the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast, and follow the show on Twitter at @pcdu. Steve’s at @stevevisscher and Grant at @falcon124.
This week on Across the Pond, Pieter talks to Tim Robinson, Editor of Aerospace International, about the future of London’s Heathrow Airport. With the governments decision to cancel the third runway, will LHR survive in todays competitive market?
- Lufthansa Traveler Alert
- Child Aviation Restraint System
- Seat Guru
- uliner photos
- VIDEO: MICA-equipped Mirage 2000 vs Vueling A320
- Spitfire World Challenge
- helicopter crash new student with no instructor
Be sure to see Max, Rob, Dan, and David at the Become a Pilot Family Day and Fly-In June 18, 2011, 10 a.m. – 3p.m., at the National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar-Hazy Center next to Dulles International Airport. The Geeks will be joining Milford and Charlie from FlightTime Radio, along with some other aviation podcasters as they broadcast their show live.
The Cranky Jackass Award
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.