As we celebrate our 200th episode, we also bid farewell to Dan Webb who has graduated from college and is starting his career. All of us are sad to see Dan go, but happy to send him off with a little reminiscing and more than a little roasting. Benet Wilson joins us and is particularly distraught.
The week’s aviation news:
- Parolee sneaks on San Diego plane before arrest
- 747 cargo plane clips commuter jet while taxiing in Chicago
- United Airlines to cut 1,300 Houston jobs after Southwest wins right to international flights
- Full text: United memo to workers on Houston job cuts
In this week’s Australia Desk report:
Happy 200! We are joined this week by PCDU team member ATC Ben as we access the archives and go back to the first couple of Australia News Desks from 2009 (oh dear…cringe worthy stuff). In the news, Air India’s 787 flights to Sydney may be delayed by legal wrangling between the company and Boeing over production delays, United decided not to operate 787s to New Zealand, Qantas announces a new design for uniforms. We chat about what being part of the Airplane Geeks has meant for us, and wrap up with a big farewell for Dan.
In this week’s Across the Pond segment:
Mentioned this episode:
- Louis Smith, President, FAPA.aero, formerly FltOps.com.
- Pilots Without Pants: The AACGNY Calendar for 2013 from the Antique Aeroplane Club of Greater New York.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at www.brotherloverocks.com.
Post cartoon courtesy the art department at Thromby Air, the lowest of the low. Remember, at Thromby Air, they take low cost air travel to it’s logical extreme!
Be sure to follow them on Twitter as @Thromby!