We celebrate five years of Airplane Geeks episodes. Courtney Miller, Steve Visscher, and Grant McHerron join in and we recall some early moments.
The week’s aviation news:
- Bag2Go Luggage Has GPS In Case Your Airline Loses It
- FAA Demand for Cash from EAA Misguided
- Connecticut Senate wipes Wright Brothers from history
- Connecticut Senate rewriting aviation history: Passes bill saying Wright brothers no longer first to fly
- Russian Helicopter pilot and Pasengers were drunk
- Airline apologizes to sleepy passenger
Find Grant and Steve at the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast, and follow the show on Twitter at @pcdu. Steve’s at @stevevisscher and Grant at @falcon124. Australia Desk archives can be found at www.australiadesk.net. Also streaming 9:00am Saturdays on Kinglake Ranges Radio, a community radio station covering the greater King Lake area.
In this week’s Across the Pond segment:
Having solo’d from Panshanger in a Piper Tomahawk 13 years ago, the airfield has a very special place in Pieter’s heart, but it has a much richer heritage. He talks to Dean Mcbride about ‘Holwell Hyde’ and its role as a decoy airfield during the Second World War and how he is desperately trying to gain recognition for the role of the airfield as it faces the inevitable threat from development and encroachment from housing. Maybe this is not youir airfield but it could be soon.
- Kinglake Ranges Radio live stream.
- LEO: Low Earth Orbit from Doug Worrall
- Cabin crew reveal how to get an upgrade
- In pictures: Global flight paths
- Shhhh! Pratt Competing To Make Quieter Jet Engines
- #Avgeeks: The new warriors on terror
Opening and closing music courtesy Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at www.brotherloverocks.com.