Max and I had this great episode lined up for this week…Then Ike hit. Actually it took more than Ike to produce the 80mph winds that hit Cincinnati Sunday. Apparently a cold front, combined with the remnants of Ike are the culprits of my lack of electricity for the past 3 days and counting.
So, after a 1.5 hour drive to electricity and internet this morning, all I can offer to all of you loyal airplane geeks is a self portrait of myself during the blackout (above), and a list of news we would have covered if I’d have had power. I promise we’ll be back next week (assuming my power will be back up by then), and Max and I will bring you great aviation discussion with another great guest. Until then, here’s the news:
- Airbus outlines Power8 Plus to workers, seeks savings through ‘internationalization’
- Boeing Gets Reprieve in Fuel-Tanker Contest
- UAL Story Blame Is Placed on Computer
- Eclipse reorganizes corporate structure
- ‘More airlines at risk’ as XL’s collapse strands thousands
- Warning: 30 airlines will go bust this year
- How an online time warp blindsided United Airlines
- Airline Aims To Advertise On Bald Heads
- Ike remnants blamed for Midwest deaths, blackouts
See you next week!