The Chicago Air and Water Show presented by Shell Oil Products U.S. and the City of Chicago is the largest FREE show of its kind in the United States. The show can be viewed along the lakefront from Fullerton to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point.
The Geeks go it alone in this episode, but despite the lack of an aviation guest we manage to have a great time talking aviation.
The week’s aviation news:
- Air Force plans to ground Global Hawk plane, stop production, report says
- Push For 3rd Chicago Airport Still Aloft
- Delta Said to Weigh US Airways Bid in Review of M&A Options
- Delays Worse After JFK Runway Work Done
David’s Aircraft of the Week is the Lockheed Model 10 Electra.
In this week’s Australia Desk report, Grant flys solo this week and covers a few headlines, an overly accurate mood-sensing music system, and some voice mails.
In the Across the Pond segment, Gareth Stringer and Tim Robinson talk with Pieter Johnson about aviation news items from Europe. Making the cut this week is the Neuron-UCAV, the RAF buying second hand transport aircraft and the latest idea for runway capacity in the UK.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Crosswind Landings during a storm at Düsseldorf B777,767,757 A330 Sturm Andrea
- The Network for the DC-3
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.