Podcast: Play in new window | Download (43.6MB)
Guest Jamie Dodson, is author of the Nick Grant adventure novel series, including Flying Boats & Spies, and China Clipper. Jamie is a Technology Protection Officer for the Security and Intelligence Division, US Army, Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC), Intelligence Division. He has over 30 years of experience in Intelligence Operations for the US Military. He’s served with Special Operations, Army Aviation, Airborne Infantry, and Military Police and has worked operations all over the world.
The week’s aviation news:
- Proposed Rules For Exports Protect Stealth
- Embraer Plans Engine Upgrades Over Building Bigger Jet to Take On Boeing
- United marks nation’s first biofuel-powered commercial flight
- Tarmac Delays An Image Problem For Conn. Airport
- Audio and Transcript: JetBlue Pilot Pleads for Help from Bradley Airport Control Tower
In this week’s Australia Desk report: Grant assumes high office, Virgin Australia introduces business class, Qantas announces A380s on the Sydney – Hong Kong route, Strategic Airlines re-brands as Air Australia, 3rd KC30A tanker enters RAAF service, they hijack Grill The Geeks!
Find the boys down under at the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast, and follow the show on Twitter at @pcdu. Steve’s at @stevevisscher and Grant at @falcon124.
This week on Across the Pond, Pieter welcomes back Gareth Stringer and Tim Robinson as they continue their conversation from last week and talk about the new proposed Register in the Channel Islands and the good friends at Ryanair. Find Gareth at www.globalaviationresource.com and Tim at www.aerosociety.com.
Mentioned in the episode:
- The Middle Seat podcast with Scott McCartney
- DARPA Testing Global Hawk Drones As Aerial Tankers
- Refueling Gear Makes Navy’s Next Drone Even Deadlier
- FAR Sec. 121.317
- FAR Sec. 25.791
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.