Guest Steven Frischling, who goes by “Fish,” writes the Flying with Fish blog and is the founder of The Travel Strategist which helps businesses use travel effectively and efficiently. David has a few more field interviews from the Oceana Airshow and Steve and Grant from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast have their Australia Desk report.
The week’s aviation news:
- Bombardier to launch new large business jet
- EADS To Rule On Airbus A320 Neo Decision
- Iraq offered new F-16s with older missiles
- Eurocopter X3 begins testing; company calls it a turboprop-helicopter hybrid
On airline consolidations:
- United is merged: CEO Smisek is ready to take on the world
- Southwest to buy AirTran for $1.42 billion
- Rival mergers put new pressure on American Airlines
- Avoiding the Reset Button
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.