Our guest this episode is Fred Gevalt, founder of The Air Charter Guide and a bit of a political activist, having successfully sued the FAA in 1998 on behalf of his air charter constituency. Fred’s a pilot, he’s built airplanes himself, and he flies aircraft for business and recreation. Fred is also the executive producer of a new documentary film titled “Please Remove Your Shoes” which takes a critical look at airport and airline security, both pre and post September 11.
The week’s aviation news:
- 787 first delivery delayed to mid-Q1 2011
- Boeing May Risk More Penalties After Sixth Delay on Dreamliner
- U.S. Approves Merger of United and Continental
- Mexicana to Suspend All Flights by Tomorrow After Last Week’s Acquisition
- Aeromexico offers discounts for Mexicana customers
- Future of Aviation Advisory Committee
- Bruce Schneier – Schneier on Security, a blog covering security and security technology.
- Desert Pilot Podcast
Thanks to special guest Steve Frischling from http://www.flyingwithfish.com/.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.