Podcast: Play in new window | Download (45.1MB)
Jeff Ackland, President of New Century Aerosport Inc., is our guest thie week. He produces the Radial Rocket, a two place performance and aerobatic kit plane with a 9 cylinder radial engine in the nose. We talk about what this beautiful airplane is like to fly, and what it takes to build one.
We also have the aviation news from the past week, the Australia Desk Report by Steve and Grant from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast, and Pieter Johnson’sAcross the Pond segment.
The week’s aviation news:
- Cirrus Acquired By Chinese Company
- FAA OKs iPad for Pilots’ Charts
- Bombardier wins record private jet deal
- EADS North America won’t protest Air Force tanker award to Boeing
- American Air cuts capacity growth as oil rallies
- Delta to acquire nine MD-90s from JAL
- Campaign to wave at International Space Station
- Dr Lucy Rogers
- The Photographer’s Right A downloadable flyer explaining your rights when stopped or confronted for photography.
- AeroPodcast, an aviation podcast from Spain.
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at email@example.com, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
1960 Beech G18S C/N BA-552 by Stephen Tornblom