Podcast: Play in new window | Download (54.3MB)
Brian Lusk is the Corporate Historian for Southwest Airlines and a long time airline veteran. He writes for Southwest’s blog, Nuts about Southwest and Tweets as @blogboy. We talk with Brian about preserving airline history, the Frontiers of Flight Museum, and Southwest at AirVenture 2011.
The week’s aviation news:
- AMR in sale-leaseback deal on up to 35 narrowbodies
- Delta Cuts Number of Flights to Small Cities in Midwest
- Cessna talking with Chinese company about developing business jet
- Congressman Invites Obama to Wichita to see the Industry
- Known Traveler Passenger Screening Pilot
Steve Visscher and Grant McHerron have their Australia Desk report. Be sure to listen to the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast, and follow the show on Twitter at @pcdu. Steve’s at @stevevisscher and Grant at @falcon124.
This week on Across the Pond, Pieter Johnson talks with Gareth Stringer Deputy Editor of Global Aviation Resource (@gaviationr) about The Hanger, a social media portal for all those interested in aviation. Gareth is @Gareth_Stringer on Twitter.
- The Delta Heritage Museum
- Will the A380 fly for U.S. airlines?
- Speyers in Peru
- Ansett AN22 Flight Deck 14 June 1987
- Thromby Air
- What do you want from Oshkosh 2011?
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at email@example.com, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.