Podcast: Play in new window | Download (43.3MB)
Gavin Werbeloff, who can be found on Twitter as @travel_buddha, makes another appearance on the podcast. We talk about recent aviation news and events, and Steve and Grant from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast have their Australia Desk Report. Pieter Johnson comes in with another Across the Pond segment looking at European aviation. We discuss some listener mail and provide our suggestions for must-read aviation books.
The week’s aviation news:
- Boeing boss green-lights all-new next generation narrowbody
- WestJet opens throttle in Eastern Triangle
- TSA sets ‘framework’ for airport screeners to collectively bargain
- TSA administrator defends collective bargaining decision
- Premiere of Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
- Green Growth Cascadia
- Plane Stupid
- Aviation Insurance Association
- Lost Johnnies: Away Mission To Rome – Day One
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Flight Wisdom Blog
Book recommendations by the Geeks:
- From Worst to First: Behind the Scenes of Continental’s Remarkable Comeback by Gordon Bethune.
- Southwest Passage: The Inside Story of Southwest Airlines’ Formative Years by Lamar Muse.
- Boeing vs Airbus: The Inside Story of the Greatest International Competition in Business by John Newhouse.
- 747: Creating the World’s First Jumbo Jet and Other Adventures from a Life in Aviation by Joe Sutter and Jay Spenser.
- The Nick Grant Adventures by Jamie Dodson.
- Flying North South East and West: Arctic to the Sahara by Captain Terry Reece.
- The Rise of American Air Power: the Creation of Armageddon by Michael S. Sherry
- Jimmy Stewart: Bomber Pilot by Starr Smith
- Jet Age: the Comet, the 707, and the Race to Shrink the World by Sam Howe Verhovek
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
Post photo of Westjet 737-700 landing at Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport on a sunny Saturday afternoon by Brian from Toronto, Canada.