Guest Dan Pimentel is the publisher of Airplanista Magazine, a high quality, monthly online magazine targeted to general and business aviation. Dan was the man behind Av8rdan’s World of Flying blog, and has written articles for AOPA Pilot Magazine, InFlight USA, Atlantic Flyer, and National Speed Sport News. He’s also a frequent speaker at Oshkosh and aviation clubs and organizations, and he’s an instrumented-rated private pilot. Dan Tweets as @Airplanista.
Also joining us is Brian Foley to talk about his effort to create a counter-offer for Cirrus Aircraft through a group of American investors. You can find Brian at Brian Foley Associates where General Aviation management advisors focus on market research, industry analysis and forecasting, strategic marketing plans, new product evaluation and positioning, due diligence and transaction support.
Along the way, David Vanderhoof offers an outstanding overview of the current military aviation action in Libya.
The week’s aviation news:
- Coming Soon: General Aviation in China
- Aviation consultant hoping to keep Cirrus Design an American company
- Foley Organizes Cirrus Counter-Offer
- Earthquake Exposes Risks To Supply Chain
- Operational Planning for Libya’s No-Fly Zone Continues
- Loofbourrow – Private investment banking.
- TarmacLimits.com – Impact of Three-Hour Tarmac Delay Rules and Fines
On Passenger Travel Time and Welfare.
- The Cockpit Chronicles and the Renewed Pilot Blog , recommended by listener Jusus.
- Jarrett’s YouTube channel with a video picture presentation from his first plane spotting trip.
Follow our new Twitter lists for some seriously great content by some of the best folks in aviation:
- http://twitter.com/airplanegeeks/hosts for podcast hosts and contributors.
- http://twitter.com/airplanegeeks/guests for guests on the Airplane Geeks podcast who tweet.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.