Podcast: Play in new window | Download (28.6MB)
In this Special Edition of the Airplane Geeks Podcast, David takes us back to EAA AirVenture 2012 with interviews recorded July 25-28, 2012. Over 500,000 people attended the event over the course of seven days. This year was the year of the Piper Cub, celebrating 75 years of Cubs.
- Douglas C. Shidler Director- Light Tactical Helicopter Research and Engineering about the Sikorsky RAIDER compound Helicopter.
- Cedric Gitchenko, pilot of the RIMOWA JU-52-3M.
- Michael Langston, pilot of the Wingster Cessna 195.
- Bob Russell about the C-46A Commando Tinker Belle. Warriors and Warbirds.
- Jessica Gibbs of Safari Helicopters.
- Trey Johnson of Plane Driven about the PD-2 Roadable.
- John and Fran Hess about their AT-11 Kansan.
- James H. Keeffe III about Two Gold Coins and a Prayer, his Fathers story as a B-24 Pilot and POW in World War II.
- Paul Seelafer, Director of EAA’s Seaplane Base
- John M. Bingham, President and CEO, Piaggio America
- Bruce Johnson, Director of Aviation Operations, ORBIS International.
- Teresa Stokes, www.teresastokes.com.
Opening and closing music courtesy Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at www.brotherloverocks.com.