Aviation historian Anne Millbrooke is our guest. Anne is the author of the award winning book Aviation History, as well as Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Alphabets of Aviation: A Guide to Contemporary and Historical Terms Found in Aviation Literature. She is an Adjunct Professor of History at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and also at the American Public University System. Anne is a writer, researcher, coach, speaker, and you can follow her on Twitter at @AMWriter.
The week’s aviation news:
- Industry, FAA seek fix for knowledge tests
- Republic Airways Amends Delta Agreement to Add Six New E170 Aircraft
- American to park 10% of MD-80s to cut U.S. capacity
- American Airlines celebrates history
- Flight crash mystery: Robots find Air France flight recorder but key memory part missing
- Aircraft — eagle collison
- Investors Waiting On Cirrus Counter-Offer [PDF]
In this weeks Across the Pond segment Pieter Johnson talks to Gareth Stringer, Deputy Editor of Global Aviation Resource about UK airshows and some interesting visits. Follow Gareth on Twitter @gaviationr and Pieter at @Nascothornet.
Thanks to Scott Spangler for his contribution.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.
Post photo by Stephen Tornblom.