Podcast: Play in new window | Download (50.4MB)
Benet Wilson returns to talk aviation: what to expect at this year’s AOPA Summit and what will be replacing the Summit in 2014, her flight training and the support from other aviators, even flying with children where Benet offers some suggestions based on her experience with her child (the “Princess of Planes”). Also, irritating things that passengers do on planes and Strange But True Aviation News.
Benet is the Social Media/eNewsletters Editor for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA). She blogs at Aviation Queen and is AvQueenBenet on Twitter.
The Week’s Aviation News:
- United says it will honor ‘free’ tickets sold by mistake
- AOPA announces new focus on grassroots events in 2014
- UPS Pilots Got Descent Warning, Says NTSB
- USAF Weighs Scrapping KC-10, A-10 Fleets
- Bombardier’s CSeries jet takes off on maiden flight
- Should Babies Be Banned From First Class?
David Venderhoof’s Airplane of the Week: Voyager 1, the world’s first Interstellar ship. Launched in 1977 with a “Golden Record,” Voyager 1 has finally left the solar system and entered deep space. @NASAVoyager is the official account for NASA’s twin Voyager 1 & 2 spacecraft.
In this week’s Australia Desk:
At the recent AusFly event, Grant and Ben Jones caught up with Dick Smith (an Australian entrepreneur, pilot and adventurer) and Ryan Campbell (the youngest person to fly around the world) to record a quick chat about their trips around the world & how Dick advised Ryan.
Find more from Grant and Steve at the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast, and follow the show on Twitter at @pcdu. Steve’s at @stevevisscher and Grant at @falcon124. Australia Desk archives can be found at www.australiadesk.net.
In this week’s Across the Pond segment:
This week we talk to AeroBlogger Rohit Rao about the latest airline news and developments in India. This includes Air India’s first flights with the B787 to Australia, Spice Jet’s international expansion and novel seat booking system and the launch of yet another new airline in the region, Air Costa.
Find Pieter on Twitter as @Nascothornet, on Facebook at XTPMedia, and at the Aviation Xtended podcast.
- Benet’s post: Why Child-Free Zones Are Not A Bad Idea
- A Common Sense Solution to Slow Airplane Boarding by Joel Peterson, Chairman, JetBlue Airways
- National Weather Service upgrades could improve aviation forecasts within the year
- Winging It – The Making of the Canadair Challenger [Kindle Edition]
- ATPL Dictionary
- The World’s Top 100 Airports | 2013
- Doolittle Raiders’ final toast ceremony to take place at Air Force museum
Opening and closing music courtesy Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at www.brotherloverocks.com.