Our guest this episode is life-long test pilot James Patton. He was the Chief Test Pilot & Head of Flight Ops at NASA Langley, a naval aviator, an FAA test pilot, and an expert at spin testing. Jim was just inducted into the Virginia Aviation Hall of Fame.
David Vanderhoof has another This Week in Aviation, Steve Visscher and Grant McHerron from the Plane Crazy Down Under podcast have their Australia Desk report, and we have some listener mail.
- F.A.A. Clarifies What Can Be Stowed in Seat Back
- FAA won’t allow cockpit naps as part of plan to reduce pilot fatigue
- Two Years of Lost Growth – Slow Improvement Trend
- US Airways Pilots Ask Department of Justice to Investigate US Airways/Delta Transaction
- Bertrand Piccard’s Solar Impulse aircraft makes inaugural flight [Thanks, John!]
- Northrop Rejects Tanker Bid Under Draft RFP
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
This episode’s opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. Visit his site at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.