This special episode was recorded live on the deck of Sun ‘n Fun Radio on April 14, 2021. It’s the second time we recorded an episode of the Airplane Geeks podcast at the Sun ‘n Fun Aerospace Expo. Max Flight is joined by reporter-at-large Launchpad Marzari and Lt. Col. Trevor “Boat” Boswell to talk about North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) interception of civil aircraft flying in TFRs or other unauthorized airspace. We also announce the four winners of our Plane Tags giveaway.
Guest Ashley Moore is Founder and President of The Aviation PR Group, which helps aviation businesses find their niche audience through marketing, public relations and communications. She’s an Embry-Riddle graduate, was associate editor for Professional Pilot Magazine, and she worked for NATA representing the interests of GA airports, FBOs and other aviation businesses.
We also have a special appearance by our new listener Harriat. We touch on just a few of her many aviation adventures.
The week’s aviation news:
- JetBlue memo questions flight attendant’s motive
- Southwest May Add Bigger 737 Jet for Busiest Routes
- Delta airline unveils option for customers to book flights on Facebook
- 5 social media lessons for Air Canada
- Russia, NORAD complete joint air defense drills
- GCI executive recalls plane crash that killed Ted Stevens
- Will pilotless aircraft be safer in flight?
- Speculation over delay of Air Force tanker contracts heats up – An interview with Richard Aboulafia
To listen to Podapalooza 2010 from EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, view event photos, and see all the aviation podcasts represented, visit these sites:
Winners of the World Airport Data iPhone app giveaway:
- Kevin Heistermann
- Ben Stephens
- Stuart Stevenson
Listeners Harriet and Micah taken before their second helicopter flight out in Alberta in 2009:
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/.