Podcast: Play in new window | Download (48.0MB)
Guest Scott Spangler is an instrument-rated commercial pilot and the founding editor of Flight Training magazine. He launched and edited NAFI Mentor for the National Association of Flight Instructors, and was editor in chief of EAA publications. As a freelancer he’s written for Air & Space Smithsonian, Overhaul & Maintenance, Aviation for Women, Twin & Turbine, Avionics News, Kitplanes, a number of non-aviation titles. Oh, and of course, he posts at the Jetwhine blog.
Scott joins Max, David, Dan and Rob to talk about the week’s aviation news and how to get started on an aviation career. That plus This Week in Aviation and the Australia Desk report.
- FAA adds brainpower to mix unmanned aircraft with commercial aviation
- Virgin Atlantic’s pervy new in-flight cocktail
- First time paraglider Roy Dixon tells of flight horror
- ‘Legend of Flight’ crashes on PR run
- Pay Attention to California School Regs
- Emirates to recruit 700 pilots in next 18 months
- UAL,Continental putting together management team
- Demand rises slightly for new Cirrus jet
Follow the @AirplaneGeeks on Twitter and on Facebook, send us email at email@example.com, or leave a message on our listener line: (361) GEEKS01.
Opening and closing music is provided by Brother Love from the Album Of The Year CD. You can find his great music at http://www.brotherloverocks.com/. Australia Desk music is “Six Months In a Leaky Boat” by Split Enz.